Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Saturday, April 09, 2005

I think I might be obsessed . . .

You know, I think I'm obsessed. With knitting and yarn, that is. While YOU may think that this is a foregone conclusion, it is finally sinking into my brain. I get excited and want to do a happy dance when I find a NEW YARN SHOP on the web. When my hubby has business travel, I immediately look up that city and find out if there are any yarn shops in the area. I go to Michaels and Hobby Lobby and joAnns frequently to see what new yarns they carry. AND if those yarns are of "Good Quality" (I don't go to the LYS here often, which is very good, because it's dangerous. A trip there is about 200$$. They should just ask for 200 bucks when you walk in the door and then you can relax while you look at yarn and not worry about all the money you are spending)

I spend a good portion of my online time (which I limit because That is time that I can't spend knitting - what a quandary)looking at and fantasizing about new yarns. I love knitting magazines, all of them - even the "cheesy" ones. (BTW the new vogue knitting is great. If you haven't seen it yet almost all the patterns are terrific. The first I am going to make is the turquoise lace tunic. My Best Friend thinks I am nuts because "it's a lot of work" but knitting lace for me is MUCH nicer that knitting miles of stockinette. I also learn repeats very quickly. All in all the magazine is a winner. Great tops, a bunch of adorable camis, tunics and etc. the only thing I don't get is the beehive hairdos on some of the models. Whats up with that anyway?)

My Stash follows me around the house. It is a large (major understatement)stash, and Tends to like to be in the same room where I spend most of my time. THEREFORE there is a HUGE amount of yarn in the living room - it's all walked out of the "stash room" aka my closet, and crept into the living room. This is driving hubby up the wall, and my puppy thinks a ball of yarn is just the right size for a nice, soft chew toy. He - hubby not the puppy - is bucking for sainthood however, in that he is putting up shelves in the living room so the yarn can rest on them instead of the Floor, which they are currently occupying 90% of.

I think I am obsessed.

1 Comments:

Blogger emy said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. You've just gotten yourself a new partner-in-crime :)

I love to shop yarn and knitting magazines that they are also spilling left, right and center. When we move over to our new apartment, hubby will know the *truth* LOL

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home