Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Oh Dear!

I noticed that I haven't posted in like, ages! I feel bad. I shall wear a hair shirt to remind myself to blog.

I have been working on knitting patterns for Knitty and MagKnits. One of them, made from Patons Katrina, is very stretchy and made from the top down, has such big, flowy sleeves, I think the sleeves would go all the way around me! (I have a 39" bust) Lots and lots of stitches on the needles until finally the armhole depth is right, and I get to put the sleeves on holders and work the body. Easy.

I love knitting from the top down and made Teva Durhams Ballet Tee which is the easiest tee ever and looks terrific. If you make this be forewarned, the sweater is really really stretchy. Shes not kidding about this. I made a size large and am going to make another in a wacky novelty yarn, BUT the next size down. Teva is a great designer, and here is a link to her page:

Loop-d-loop

My daughter loved the sweater so much she has requested one. Luckily Tevas pattern instructions include the kids version.

I love all of Tevas stuff. I think I've mentioned before that she and I have very similar design tastes. I wish I wrote her book!

I trimmed the ballet tee with moda dea tutu and it really looks terrific. I am also making her bobble vest out of 2 strands of GGH/Muench goa (I love GOA) and am loving that too.

I've posted some yummy pics of these two sweaters and a few more that need to be made. Be forewarned this is covet and drool material.

NEXT I have to start my rennaissance vest/jacket, in lion brand suede this stuff is much more like velvet and less like suede. It has a rich velvety texture and knits at the nice gauge of 3 st to the inch. I recently perused LB's website and found they are coming out with prints. the prints are all quite yummy.

Lion Suede

AND, with all this stuff on the list I have at least 4 more summery top on the needles - no wonder I haven't been blogging . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home