Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Kitty

My most wonderful, loving cat, Buda, died yeserday at 5:45 PM. He was a seal point Siamese, and probably the only cat ever who would bump his forehead/top of head into your lips to get a kiss.

He died here at home. I held him and cared for him up until the end. Hospice is a lot of work. He lost control of his bladder on Fri and slept on hospital pads. So those needed lots of changing. I'd lie with him in my arms, not resting because this kind of care takes vigilance, but to let him know I loved him very much. He had the smells of me and my daughter and my husband right to the end. He quietly stopped breathing, after a few ragged breaths, then he twitched a bit and that was it. i think he was really gone long before his body finally shut down.

About half an hour later, after my hubby had buried him in the yard, next to HIS favorite cat (wife) my daughter broke into tears. It had finally hit her and it hit her like a ton of bricks. She cried hard for a good long time until we began reminiscing about all the wonderful things about Buda. (BUE-DA)

I felt exhausted. After all I did keep vigil for all of yesterday and almost all of 5 days beforehand. I watched and cuddled and watched and waited.

To Buda, and all the "Best Cats in the World" who have passed. Much Love to all of you. You made your owners happy just by existing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

{{hugs}} to you and all of Buda's loved ones.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home