Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Friday, January 20, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Well, I added my name to the knitting olympics crowd. And WHAT a crowd! I almost felt guilty for submitting my name because Stephanie is working feverishly to get everybody's name up there on her blog with so many entries! Who Knew?

I'm going to knit a self-designed, neck down, raglan sweater in Baby Alpaca Grande (the orchid color) with red roses around the neckline, a fitted waist and a peplum. The Alpaca knits at 3 st. to the inch so I THINK I'll be able to finish the damned thing. I never seem to finish those knitting projects for myself so yes, it will be a challenge, although the actual sweater itself is simple. The roses 'round the neckline really ought to make the whole thing transform from mundane to wonderful. Maybe I'll add a puffed sleeve to the elbow, and rib to the wrist with a slight puff cuff as well. In any case I will post the pattern free when the thing is completed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home